The governing code for the Port Area is “THE GRAND BAHAMA PORT AUTHORITY, LIMITED BUILDING & SANITARY CODE”. This code officially adopts THE BAHAMAS BUILDING CODE produced by Ministry of Public Works & Transport Government of The Bahamas.
- The Grand Bahama Port Authority, Limited’s Planning & Development Code.
- The Local Government Act 1996, which supersedes any Extension orders to the Out or Family Islands, made under (a), (b) or (c) above. (Not Applicable to Freeport)
- The Professional Architects Act 1994 and as revised.
- The Professional Engineers Act 2004 and as revised.
- The Land Surveyors Act and as revised.
- The Hawksbill Creek Agreement 1955.
- The Freeport Bye-laws 1965.