Business Diversity Waiver
What Is It?
Am I Eligible?
New businesses, which meet the following criteria, can receive a first-year license fee waiver or discount:
- The business concept should be new or unique; in addition, it should not fit into a category which has been identified as saturated or restricted
- Business Diversity Waiver applies only to new businesses
- The business concept must meet all zoning requirements
- The project/investment should create a minimum of 2 jobs.
Please note that all existing licensing requirements/restrictions apply.
Saturated or Restricted Business
Business models in saturated fields will only be considered if they incorporate a specialty component, such as technology integration, customer engagement or a unique experience to complement the business model. Please note that this list is not conclusive and serves as a guideline for the business categories, NOT eligible to receive the Business Diversity Waiver.
List of Ineligible Business Categories
- Automobile Repair/Garage
- Automobile Rental /Sale of Parts & Accessories
- Barber Shop
- Beauty Supplies
- Beauty Salon
- Sale of Clothing Accessories
- Clothing Store
- Sale of Cosmetics
- Sale of Footwear
- Sale of Costume/Fashion Jewelry
- Landscaping & Garden Maintenance
- Sale of Liquor (Packaged, Store and Bar)
- Nail Salon
- Sale of Office Equipment & Supplies
- Sale of Pre-packaged Snacks
- Snack Food/Take-Out Restaurants
- Variety Store