No construction, enlargement, alteration, repair, movement, or demolition of a building or structure; nor installation of equipment or appurtenances regulated by this Code; shall be made without applying for and obtaining a permit from the Grand Bahama Port Authority or its designated agent.
Permits, to be issued by the Building Department, shall be required for the following:
- The erection or construction of any building or structure, the adding to, enlarging, repairing, improving, altering, covering or extending of any building or structure.
- The moving of any building or structure within, into, through or out of the area of jurisdiction, or the moving of a building or structure on the same lot.
- The demolition of any building or Structure.
- The installation, alteration or repair of any sanitary plumbing, water supply, gas supply system, or electrical wiring, or equipment as set forth in The Grand Bahama Port Authority, Limited Building and Sanitary Code.
- The installation, alteration or major repair of any elevator or hoist.
- The installation, alteration or major repair of any boiler, pressure vessel, furnace, steam actuated machinery, or heat producing apparatus.
- The erection, remodeling, relocating, repair, altering, or removal of any sign.
- The erection, alteration or repair of any awning or similar appurtenance.
- The application, construction or repair of any roof covering.
- The installation, alteration or repair of any air conditioning or refrigeration apparatus.
- The installation, alteration or repair of a swimming pool.
- The installation or alteration of fences or walls.
- The installation or alteration of a parking area, driveway, or paved surface.
- The clearing of land for building operations.