What do I have to turn in for a building permit and where do I turn it in?

You are here:
Estimated reading time: 1 min

Every application for a permit shall be made in writing on the official application forms obtainable from the offices of Building & Development Services (B&DS) Department of The Grand Bahama Port Authority, Limited in Freeport, Grand Bahama. The B&DS Department is located at Civic Industrial Area, Block H, Lot 5, Cedar Street at the western side of the Freeport News office. Tel: (242) 350–9154 or 9166.

Each application form for a building permit shall include the following information:

  1. A legal description and address of the land on which the work shall be done.
  2. The use of occupancy of the building or structure.
  3. The value of the proposed work.
  4. Estimated time of construction.

Other information as required by the B&DS Department to describe the proposed work.Each application for a permit shall be accompanied by two sets of plans and specifications as required by the GBPA’s Building & Sanitary Code, except the B&DS Department may issue a permit without plans and/or specifications for small or unimportant work for non-structural nature.

Was this article helpful?
Dislike 0