CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY
No building shall be occupied without a valid and current certificate of occupancy.
If after the final inspection of buildings for which a permit has been issued, it is found that the building complies with the provisions of this Code, the Development Company shall issue a certificate of occupancy with the following information.
(1) The nature of the occupancy permitted.
(2) The number of persons permitted in each area, when limited.
(3) The allowable load per square foot, in accordance with the provisions of this Code.
Temporary Certificates: A temporary certificate of occupancy may be issued for the use of a portion or portions of a building which may be safely occupied prior to the final completion of the building.
A certificate of occupancy may be issued to existing buildings where such occupancy has been certified by the Development Agent to comply with the provisions of this Code, or the substantial intent of this Code.
Revocation of Certificate:
A certificate of occupancy may be revoked for the following reasons:
(1) Where an alteration or modification of the building does not comply with the provisions of this Code.
(2) Where an alteration or modification of a building does not comply with the requirements for the use or occupancy as approved.
(3) Where a change of use or occupancy is not suitable for the building as set forth in this Code.
(4) Where the use, occupancy, or construction does not comply with the requirements of the lease, conveyance restrictions, or deed.
(5) Any building found to be structurally unsafe, not in accordance with this Code, nor provided with an adequate egress, constituting a fire hazard or is otherwise dangerous to human life, or which in relation to existing use constitutes a hazard to safety or health by reason of inadequate maintenance, dilapidation, obsolescence, or abandonment.
(b) Notice to Owner: The Development Agent prior to revoking a certificate of occupancy shall notify the owner, or his agent, in writing, of his intention and allow such owner a definite period to comply with the provisions of this Code prior to revoking such certificate.