Vendor's Permit Application FormNeed to request technical data such as a plat map, aerial map or architectural plan from The Grand Bahama Port Authority? Use this form.
THE GRAND BAHAMA PORT AUTHORITY, LIMITED WILL ONLY CONSIDER APPLICATIONS FOR VENDOR’S PERMIT FROM BAHAMIAN CITIZENS WHO ARE:
- UNEMPLOYED AND HAVE NO OTHER SOURCE OF INCOME; and who
- WILL PERSONALLY OPERATE THE VENDING BUSINESS.
- If not Bahamian by birth, please produce a copy of a Bahamian Citizenship Certificate.
- An applicant for a Food Vendor’s and/or Hairbraider’s Permit must provide a valid health certificate, valid police certificate and the requisite fee.
- An applicant for a Vendor’s Permit, not involved in the sale of food items, or hairbraiding, need not provide a health certificate, however, all other requirements must be complied with.
- A Food Vendor must have a properly equipped FOOD VAN. The Port Authority will no longer approve permits for persons selling food from the trunk of cars.
- An applicant for a Permit must produce a letter from the proposed Landlord. The proposed site is, however, subject to the Port’s approval.
- A Vendor’s Permit is approved for the specific area(s) noted thereon and a person found operating outside of his or her approved area will render the Permit null and void.
- A VENDOR’S PERMIT ISSUED TO AN INDIVIDUAL IS NON-TRANSFERRABLE AND THE APPROVED VENDOR IS THE ONLY PERSON THAT CAN OWN AND OPERATE THE VENDING BUSINESS. EMPLOYEES PERMITTED!
- Applicants for Vendor’s Permits are subject to the approval of The Grand Bahama Port Authority, Limited.