The Grand Bahama Port Authority, Limited [GBPA] is responsible for licensing all businesses within the 'Port Area' of Grand Bahama Island, and has an efficient process for approving new applications. Applications are processed within 2 - 4 weeks. Potential investors can expect to receive helpful guidance from GBPA's Customer Relations Department every step of the way to make the process as straightforward as possible.
The role of the Customer Relations Department is to perform regulatory functions of GBPA and is responsible for providing administrative and customer service to its more that 3200 licensees and 1,000 Vendors.
- Issuance of Business Licenses
- Issuance of Vendor Permits
- Issuance of bonded vehicle letters
- Maintain good record keeping of Licensees
- Maintain good record keeping of Vendors
- Liaising with various Government Department as required
- Support for Inter-Departments as required
- Inspection of proposed new business premises
- Inspection of premises for existing businesses including transfer of premises and expansion of business activity
- Monitoring and assuring that businesses operate within the confines of License regulations
- Identify and deter illegal operations including commercial and residential