Before the License Agreement can be prepared the following is required:
- An Inspection Request is forwarded to the Building and Development Services Department to determine the following:
- Building zoning compliance
- Business zoning compliance
- Adequacy and design of space requirements for intended use
PREPARATION OF LICENSE AGREEMENT
- A formal License Agreement is then issued to the applicant and/or attorney of record requiring execution and return within 21 days for execution by Company Officers.
- After execution by Company Officers, the original document is forwarded to the applicant with a letter addressed to the Controller of Customs supporting the issuance of a Customs Bond.
1. MARRIED TO A BAHAMIAN CITIZEN
Permanent Residents married to Bahamian Citizens are regarded as Bahamian Citizens for licensing purposes. Accompanying their Application should be a copy of the Permanent Residency Certificate, Marriage Certificate and any other documentation that confirms the spouse is a Bahamian Citizen.
2. PERMANENT RESIDENTS
Permanent Residents not married to Bahamian Citizens may be considered for a license reserved for 100% Bahamian ownership only where the business will employ a substantial ratio of Bahamian Personnel. A copy of the Permanent Residency Certificate should accompany the application.