Preliminary Processing of License Agreement:
Before the License Agreement can be prepared the following is required:
- An Inspection Request is forwarded to the Building and Development Services Department to determine the following:
- Building zoning compliance
- Business zoning compliance
- Adequacy and design of space requirements for intended use
- If zoning and layout requirements are met, the Building and Development Services Department will confirm its approval. If not met, code deficiencies may be corrected or suitable alternative premises may be submitted for approval.
Once premises are approved, the following correspondence is prepared for the applicant:
- A Letter to the Registrar General's Department for the applicant to secure a business Trade Name.The License Agreement cannot be prepared until a Trade Name Registration Certificate is received by the Licensing Department. Once the Trade Name is confirmed, or the applicant confirms that none will be used, the following additional correspondence is prepared for the applicant.
- A Letter to Bahamas Telecommunications Company Limited to secure telephone services.
- Letter to the Ministry of Lands and Local Government to secure a Shop License IF THE APPLICANT IS A RETAIL/WHOLESALE BUSINESS (NOT REQUIRED FOR SERVICE BUSINESSES).
Preparation of License Agreement
- A formal License Agreement is then issued to the applicant and/or attorney of record requiring execution and
- Return within 21 days for execution by Company Officers.
- After execution by Company Officers, the original document is forwarded to the applicant with a letter addressed to the Controller of Customs supporting the issuance of a Customs Bond.